As always, the week between Christmas and New Year has me looking back over the year that is closing and ahead to the year opening before us. Did you know we are now entering our seventh year as a farm (not just a dream I had growing up)? Oh, how this little plot of land has changed!
Events in 2023 were a big part of those changes. As I look back on the year, I reflect on all the ways we grew as a farming operation and day-trip destination for visitors.
- In May, I made the cover of California Bountiful magazine and they sent a video crew out in June to film our fields in bloom;
- We were open for the full month of "June Bloom" and it was a relaxing way (for visitors and for this FarmHer) to share this special time;
- Lastly and maybe most importantly, we distilled over 2,400 pounds of lavender, more than double our 2022 production!
Looking ahead, the team and I are excited for two special projects:
- Our updated website debuts in January! It’s a fresh opportunity to showcase the Farm, our products and this beautiful Valley. We hope you like it!
- We are busy creating and testing new formulations for our Body Butter and Sugar Scrub. Can’t wait to hear what you think when they’re ready!
Finally, while our Online store is still open 24/7, our store at the Farm is closed until Almond Festival Weekend, February 24th and 25th, 2024. We look forward to welcoming you then!